Thursday, June 23, 2011

I Which We Make Jaw Droppingly Terrible Disguises

I had an opportunity, in the plaza, to disguise my party as monsters.
We chose, MaGuyverlike, to tape cotton balls and bits of pig skin to our faces and pretend we were Kogorcs.
We then entered a shrine and the orc cleric wanted to hire us to go another shrine.
Are- are we supposed to disembowel them? We are good at that.
We had to come back in 2 hours, but when we came back our disguises slipped and a knock down battle ensued. Well, they got knocked down- a necklace of fireballs will put a cramp in anyone's style I aim it at. So now that bit of RP is gone- I'll have to see how this happens now. I left, fixed our disguises, and we're trying the old "pretend we are monsters" trick again. We'll see how that works out :)
At first I was pissed, then I remembered that this reaction was a good one.
One of our commissions was to find out what was going down with an auction- find out what thing was being sold, find out who buys it. How they got word of this is weird- who makes a rumour like that? Not the sort of thing I would want to get out if I had a powerful item and were trying to sell it. But then I'm not being paid to think- I'm being paid to hit nonhuman humanoids with misshapen chunks of sharp metal until the bodily damage causes them to expire.
Infinite recursion.
I did get to see the actual auction go down. The "powerful weapon" appeared to be a wand of illumination and the orc sold it because he can see in the dark. It was a mysterious man in black who bought it, and he quickly shuffled into the crowd. I was given no option to follow.
I told you.
I also spent a lot of time in the plaza exploring things labeled "A naban doned house", and it, I am ashamed to say, took me a long time to figure out what that meant.
What's a naban doned- oh, hell, I get it NOW.
Right now I am stuck in the middle of exploring the plaza. My disguise is blown and I keep getting attacked by monsters who shriek "HUMANS!", draw their weapons, and attack. I'm being nibbled to death by ducks bearing large heavy weapons. I'll fill you all in on what happens next soon.

And I'll probably have more words and less pictures in the future. I realize I am kind of going screenshot crazy lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment